The Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) has hit the maximum number of nominations allowed by the federal government for 2023.
Nominee applications in progress will be evaluated and moved to 2024.
To make sure there’s enough room for the Alberta Opportunity Stream and the Rural Renewal Streams, the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program moved some nominations from streams that weren’t as popular.
They considered the needs of areas in the Rural Renewal Stream and the increasing number of temporary workers looking to live in Alberta permanently.
Information on nomination availability and issuance for 2024 will be updated in early 2024.
Alberta Immigration Quota For 2024
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) set the maximum number of nomination certificates AAIP can issue each year. In 2023, they had 9,750 nomination certificates available, spread out between the Express Entry and non-Express Entry paths. AAIP is expecting to hand out over 10,000 certificates each year in 2024 and 2025.
The quota was raised by over 50% in 2023, from 6,500 to 9,750.
Alberta Advantage Immigration Program Pathways
Here are the different pathways in the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program:
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
- Accelerated Tech Pathway for Express Entry
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Religious Workers Eligibility program
- Rural Renewal Stream
- Rural Entrepreneur Stream
- Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
Occupations With High Volume of AAIP Applications
Here are the jobs with a high volume of applications:
- Food service supervisors
- Retail sales supervisors
- Administrative assistants
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers, and related support occupations
- Transport truck drivers
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- Administrative officers
- Information systems specialists
- Software engineers and designers