The Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is set to accept up to 15,000 complete applications for the Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2023 program in October 2023.
It’s a chance to bring your loved ones to Canada, and we’re here to help you understand the process.
Eligibility Criteria For Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship
To sponsor your parents or grandparents for Canadian permanent residency, you must:
- Age Requirement: You need to be at least 18 years old.
- Residency Status: You should be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.
- Financial Support: You must show that you have enough money to support your sponsored family. You need to provide valid proof of income for the last three years.
|Size of Family||2020 Tax Year||2021 Tax Year||2022 Tax Year|
|More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add||$6,985||$7,120||$9,635.60|
Please ensure you meet these financial criteria before applying.
Alternative Option – Super Visa
If you’ve been unable to participate in the Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship program since 2020, don’t worry. There’s another option – the Super Visa:
- Long Validity: The Super Visa is valid for up to 10 years and allows multiple entries.
- Extended Stays: You can stay in Canada for a maximum of 5 years at a time. If needed, you can extend your stay by up to 2 years without leaving the country. This option makes it easier to have longer reunifications with your loved ones.
Mark your calendars! The application process has a specific timeline:
- Start Date: On October 10, 2023, IRCC will start sending invitations to apply to 24,200 prospective sponsors.
- Two-Week Window: These invitations will be distributed over two weeks, so keep an eye on your email during this time.
- Past Submissions: Instead of opening a new interest-to-sponsor form, IRCC will select potential sponsors from the 2020 pool of submissions. If you submitted an interest-to-sponsor form in 2020 but didn’t receive an invitation in 2021 or 2022, check your email.
IRCC made an official announcement and confirmation on September 8 that they intend to issue 24,200 invitations for permanent residency applications through the Canada Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program starting from October 10, 2023.
Their goal for the year 2023 is to approve 15,000 applications.
The Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2023 program offers a wonderful opportunity to bring your family to Canada. Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, have the required financial proof, and consider the Super Visa if needed.
Mark October 10, 2023, on your calendar and watch your email for an invitation from IRCC. We hope this straightforward guide has clarified the program details.
Best of luck with your sponsorship journey!