The Super Visa might be the perfect solution for you. In this guide, we’ll walk you through all the essential details you need to know about the Super Visa, making your application process smoother and stress-free.
What is a Super Visa?
It allows you to live with your family in Canada for an extended period, with the convenience of multiple entries valid for ten years. Unlike regular visitor visas, Super Visa holders can stay in Canada for up to five years without needing to renew their status at each entrance.
To be eligible for a Super Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Dependents of parents or grandparents are not eligible for a Super Visa but can apply for a standard visitor visa.
- It’s crucial to understand that the Super Visa is temporary, so you need to convince the visa officer that you intend to leave Canada after your visit. They will consider various factors, including:
- Your ties to your home country.
- The purpose of your visit.
- Your financial situation and family.
- The economic and political stability of your home country.
- Letters of invitation from your child or grandchild.
How to Apply for a Super Visa:
Applying for a Super Visa is a straightforward process, and you can do it from outside Canada. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- A promise of financial support during your visit.
- A list of people in their household.
- A copy of their Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document.
Financial Proof: You’ll need to provide proof that your child or grandchild’s household meets the minimum necessary income requirements. Examples of acceptable documents include:
- Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year.
- Employment Insurance stubs.
- Employment letter with salary details and date of hiring.
- Pay stubs.
- Bank statements.
Medical Insurance: You must have proof of payment for medical insurance from a Canadian
insurance company that:
- Is valid for at least one year from the date of entry.
- Provides at least $100,000 coverage.
Immigration Medical Exam: You’ll need to submit a document confirming that you’ve had an immigration medical exam.
Once you have all the above, then you can apply online here.
Income Requirements Based on Family Size:
The income requirement varies depending on the size of your family unit, which includes both your immediate family and the family members you plan to sponsor. Here’s a breakdown of the new minimum gross income requirement for 2023 compared to the old requirement in 2022:
|Size of Family Unit||New Minimum Gross Income Requirement for 2023||Old Gross Income Requirement for 2022|
|1 person (your child or grandchild)||$27,514||$26,620|
For More Than 7 Persons:
For family units exceeding seven members, you should add an additional $7,412 to the income requirement for each extra person in 2023, while in 2022, it was $7,172 per additional person.
By following the straightforward application process outlined in this guide, you can make your visit hassle-free and memorable.