Today, the Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced an exciting new opportunity for temporary foreign workers in Canada to enhance their skills and pursue their career aspirations.
In this article, we will dive into the details of this initiative and explore how it can positively impact the lives of foreign workers in Canada.
What is the New Measure?
- IRCC has implemented a temporary measure to support temporary foreign workers in Canada.
- The measure allows foreign workers to enroll in study programs of any length without needing a study permit.
- It enables workers to pursue additional training, education, upskilling, and validation of foreign credentials.
Benefits for Foreign Workers
Foreign workers in Canada can now take advantage of the following benefits under this new measure:
1. Expanded Opportunities:
The measure allows workers to seek additional training and education, opening doors to more career prospects and personal growth.
2. Improved Job Prospects:
3. Flexibility in Study Programs:
Previously, foreign workers could only enroll in study programs lasting six months or less without a study permit. However, this measure removes that limitation, giving them the freedom to choose programs of any length.
Who Does It Apply To?
If you are a foreign worker in Canada, here’s who the new measure applies:
1. Valid Work Permit Holders:
2. Pending Work Permit Extensions:
Even if you have a pending decision on your work permit extension as of June 7, 2023, you are eligible to benefit from this opportunity.
3. No Duration Restrictions:
This new measure also offers a pathway to permanent residence through the Express Entry system. Here’s how it works:
1. Express Entry Invitation:
2. Enhancing CRS Score:
3. Language Proficiency and Skill Enhancement:
Evaluation and Future Changes
The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will closely evaluate the outcomes of this temporary measure.
The collected data will inform potential future policy changes, ensuring continuous improvement and support for foreign workers in Canada.
Canada’s new measure empowers temporary foreign workers to pursue their dreams and expand their skills through longer study programs. With no restrictions on the length of the program, foreign workers can seize this opportunity to enhance their career prospects and increase their chances of obtaining permanent residence. This initiative reflects Canada’s commitment to attracting and supporting talented individuals from around the world.