- Manitoba issued 507 immigration invitations through the Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), covering Skilled Workers, International Education Stream, and Skilled Workers Overseas.
- Priority is given to candidates with strong connections to the province, language proficiency, and experience in In-Demand Occupations.
- Multiple pathways are available for skilled workers, international graduates, and overseas candidates to facilitate their immigration journey to this province.
Manitoba has held a new Canada immigration draw via the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), distributing 507 invitations to apply. The draw, conducted on April 20, issued Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs) through three MPNP streams.
Skilled Workers in Manitoba
In the latest PNP draw, The Skilled Workers in Manitoba category saw a total of 443 LAAs issued. A specific group of 249 candidates with the lowest score of 615 was currently employed in Manitoba in the following significant occupations:
- Occupations in sales and services – 63
- Sales and service representatives and other customer and personal services occupations – 64
The remaining 194 LAAs went to Skilled Workers candidates in all occupations, with a minimum score of 651 points.
International Education Stream
The International Education Stream saw 38 LAAs distributed to candidates.
1. Skilled Workers Overseas
The Skilled Workers Overseas stream issued 26 LAAs through a Strategic Recruitment Initiative, requiring a minimum score of 719.
In total, 91 out of the 507 invited candidates had valid Express Entry IDs and job seeker validation codes. A separate draw in April saw Manitoba issue 28 invitations under special immigration measures for Ukraine.
|Stream Category||Sub- Stream Category||Letters of Advice to Apply||Lowest Ranked Candidate's Score|
|Skilled Workers in Manitoba||Occupation-specific selection||249||615|
|All other occupations||194||651||-|
|International Education Stream||N/A||38||Not Applicable|
|Skilled Workers Overseas||Strategic Recruitment Initiative||26||719|
|Special Measures for Ukraine||N/A||28||60|
2. Qualification Criteria for Ukrainians for Immigration
To be eligible for this immigration, candidates need to meet the following requirements:
- Proudly hold Ukrainian citizenship
- Achieve a minimum CLB 4 in each language component
- Possess strong connections to Manitoba, such as close relatives, family-like ties, community involvement, previous employment, or studies in the province
- Complete a valid language test
- Earn a minimum score of 60 points based on the MPNP assessment criteria
How do you Qualify for the Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream?
The Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream (SWM) focuses on the needs of Manitoba employers, selecting foreign-trained workers with the right skills for permanent residency in Canada. If you have a strong connection to this province, this stream offers two pathways for immigration:
1. Work Experience Pathway
This pathway is perfect for you if you work in Manitoba on a temporary work permit. It’s open to those participating in the Temporary Foreign Worker Program or international graduates from any province. The best part? You don’t even need to be working in an In-Demand Occupation!
2. Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway
If you live overseas but have a job offer from an approved Manitoba employer, this pathway is designed just for you.
How Are You Eligible to Qualify for the Skilled Worker Overseas Stream?
The Skilled Worker Overseas Stream (SWO) comprises a dedicated Canada Express Entry Pathway and a direct provincial pathway. This stream targets international skilled workers with skills and training in Manitoba’s In-Demand Occupations. Priority is given to applicants with close family connections and the language proficiency, training, and experience to secure jobs quickly.
1. Express Entry Pathway – For international candidates eligible under another MPNP stream, who also meet Express Entry criteria and have an active Express Entry profile.
2. Human Capital Pathway – For international skilled workers with skills, training, and experience in one of Manitoba’s In-Demand Occupations. Candidates must demonstrate the potential to find employment soon after arrival in the province.
You might be interested in…
Requirements for the International Education Stream
The International Education Stream (IES) is designed for international graduates from Manitoba colleges and universities. With IES, you don’t need to work for six months in your field before applying for an MPNP nomination! Check out the three exciting pathways it offers:
1. Career Employment Pathway
To qualify for this pathway, you’ll need to:
- Complete a one-year or longer course at an eligible post-secondary Manitoba institution within three years of application submission
- Secure a full-time job offer in a Manitoba In-Demand occupation related to your completed degree
- Be a resident of Manitoba
2. Graduate Internship Pathway
This pathway is perfect for Master’s and Doctoral holders who have completed Mitacs Accelerate or Elevate internships. You can apply for nomination through internships without needing a job offer in the province!
3. Student Entrepreneur Pathway
To be eligible for this pathway, you must:
- Complete a two-year or longer course at an eligible post-secondary Manitoba institution
- Gain six months of business operation experience in Manitoba
- Be a resident of Manitoba since graduation
- There’s no specific minimum personal net worth requirement!
In conclusion, the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) continues to create opportunities for potential immigrants, having recently issued 507 invitations across three MPNP streams. With a range of pathways catering to skilled workers, international graduates, and overseas candidates, the MPNP is committed to addressing the province’s employment needs and fostering economic growth.
Whether you’re a skilled worker with a job offer, a recent graduate, an investor, or an entrepreneur, the MPNP is here to help you make your dream of moving to Canada come true. Be sure to get to know the requirements for each stream and submit a well-prepared, accurate application to boost your chances of success. With dedication, hard work, and a little bit of luck, you can start a new life and enjoy living and working in one of Canada’s best provinces.