Today, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced the first Express Entry Draw for transport occupations through category-based selection. The latest Express Entry draw sent out 1,000 Invitations to apply for permanent residency.
Here are the details of the latest draw:
Latest Express Entry Draw – September 20
- Program: Transport occupations (2023-1)
- Number of invitations issued: 1,000
- Rank required to be invited to apply: 1,000 or above
- Date and time of round: September 20, 2023 at 14:04:14 UTC
- CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 435
- Tie-breaking rule: June 17, 2023 at 06:44:01 UTC
Here are the key takeaways from this exciting development:
- Category-Based Selection: Canada’s Express Entry system now prioritizes individuals with work experience in critical fields like transportation.
- In-Demand Roles: The focus is on filling roles that are in high demand across the country, such as commercial truck drivers, pilots, and aircraft assembly workers.
- Efficient Pathway: The changes aim to create a streamlined and efficient pathway for skilled newcomers, making it easier for them to contribute to Canada‘s economic growth.
- Global Talent Attraction: Canada remains committed to attracting top global talent to meet the nation’s labor needs and drive economic advancement.
- Ongoing Selection Rounds: These category-based selection rounds will continue throughout the year, alongside general and program-specific invitation rounds.
Why the Focus on Transport Occupations?
Canada recognizes the crucial role that transportation professionals play in keeping the country moving. The targeted Express Entry draw aims to attract skilled talent to fill essential positions in this sector, contributing to economic growth and development.
- Addressing Labor Shortages: By targeting specific industries facing labor shortages, Canada can bridge workforce gaps more effectively.
- Economic Growth: Skilled newcomers in the transport sector will play a vital role in driving economic growth, benefiting both the industry and the country as a whole.
- Streamlined Process: The new Express Entry system simplifies the immigration process for those with relevant experience, making it more accessible.
List of Transport Occupations Invited in #264 Express Entry Draw
|Occupation||2021 NOC code||2021 TEER category|
|Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors||93200||3|
|Transport truck drivers||73300||3|
|Railway traffic controllers and marine traffic regulators||72604||2|
|Engineer officers, water transport||72603||2|
|Deck officers, water transport||72602||2|
|Air traffic controllers and related occupations||72601||2|
|Air pilots, flight engineers and flying instructors||72600||2|
|Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors||72404||2|
|Managers in transportation||70020||0|
How Express Entry Works:
Express Entry operates on a points-based system. Here’s a simple breakdown of how it works:
- Create a Profile: Candidates create an online profile, providing information about their qualifications, work experience, and language skills.
- Ranking: Profiles are ranked based on factors like age, education, language proficiency, work experience, and adaptability.
- Invitation: The highest-ranking candidates receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
Canada is committed to attracting top global talent in transport occupations. In addition to this targeted draw, the government will continue to conduct general and program-specific invitation rounds throughout the year.
The latest Express Entry draw for transport occupations sent out 1,000 Invitations to apply for permanent residency. It offers an excellent opportunity for skilled workers to make Canada their permanent home.
With a simplified and fast pathway through Express Entry, candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply and contribute to Canada’s thriving transportation industry. Keep an eye out for updates on this exciting development.