As of October 23, 2023, all the pools for the International Experience Canada 2023 season have been closed. Nevertheless, candidates who have received invitations can continue to complete and submit their work permit applications online.
If you have not received an invitation to apply for the 2023 season, your profile will be removed from the pool. When the pools reopen, likely by the end of December 2023, you will have the opportunity to create a new profile, so it’s a good idea to start preparing for the upcoming season.
For candidates in the 2023 pool, your GCkey account will remain active. There is no need to register for a new GCkey or create a new account for the IEC 2024 season.
IEC 2023 Highlights
- 90,000 Spots Available: Canada aims to welcome 90,000 young individuals from over 30 countries, providing extensive opportunities for work and travel.
- Additional Spots: France received 700 extra spots for the Working Holiday Visa and 750 spots for the Young Professionals category. Belgium (200 slots), Chile (2,500 slots), Taiwan (1,000 slots), and Korea, Republic (2,000 slots) also saw increases in their quotas.
Since the 2023 International Experience Canada season began on January 9, Canada has issued 131,541 invites under three categories.
According to the latest update by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the processing time for the International Experience Canada program 2023 is 6 weeks.
Working Holiday Visa Invitations:
In the latest round of invitations, 2,703 new open work permit invitations were sent out.
It is the biggest category in International Experience Canada which has already sent out 118,733 invitations in 2023.
The IEC Working Holiday Visa category has a set quota of 61,770 for young people from more than 33 eligible countries for 2023.
Young Professionals Invitations:
Under this category, 179 invitations were sent in this week, offering valuable international work experience in your field of study or profession.
This year, a total of 8,235 work permit invitations were issued in the Young Professionals category.
International Co-op (Internship) Invitations:
This category is designed for students seeking internships related to their field of study. In the recent round, 85 invitations were sent out.
Only 4,573 invitations were sent out in the least common category, International Co-op (Internship).
What is International Experience Canada?
- Working Holiday: You can work for any employer in Canada and earn money while exploring the country.
- Young Professionals: If you want to gain work experience in your field, this program helps you find a job related to your studies or profession.
- International Co-op (Internship): Specifically for students, this program lets you work in Canada in a job related to what you’re studying.
The best part? You don’t need a specific job offer to apply, and you can work for any employer in Canada. It’s a great way to travel, work, and learn in a new country!