The Canadian government has introduced new targeted Express Entry draws for 2023. These express entry draws aim to attract skilled workers in specific occupations to meet the country’s labor market needs.
To be eligible for these targeted express entry draws, candidates must have at least 6 months of work experience in targeted National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes within the last 3 years.
On this Page:
How are the Targeted occupations Determined?
IRCC takes extensive labour market surveys and consultations with stakeholders into considerations while determining the targeted occupations for current year.
Stake Holders include: academia, employers, settlement and resettlement organizations, industry councils, various levels of government, francophone and official language minority organization, non-profit organizations, and immigration consultants
List of Targeted Trades Occupations for 2023:
- NOC 73200 – Residential and Commercial Installers and Servicers
- NOC 72406 – Elevator Constructors and Mechanics
- NOC 72405 – Machine Fitters
- NOC 72402 – Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Mechanics
- NOC 72400 – Construction Millwrights and Industrial Mechanics
- NOC 72310 – Carpenters NOC 72300 – Plumbers
- NOC 72200 – Electricians (except Industrial and Power System)
- NOC 72106 – Welders and Related Machine Operators
- NOC 72014 – Contractors and Supervisors, Other Construction Trades, Installers, Repairers, and Servicers
List of Targeted Transport Occupations:
- NOC 93200 – Aircraft Assemblers and Aircraft Assembly Inspectors
- NOC 73300 – Transport Truck Drivers
- NOC 72604 – Railway Traffic Controllers and Marine Traffic Regulators
- NOC 72603 – Engineer Officers, Water Transport
- NOC 72602 – Deck Officers, Water Transport
- NOC 72601 – Air Traffic Controllers and Related Occupations
- NOC 72600 – Air Pilots, Flight Engineers, and Flying Instructors
- NOC 72404 – Aircraft Mechanics and Aircraft Inspectors
- NOC 72403 – Railway Carmen/Women
- NOC 70020 – Managers in Transportation
For the year 2024, IRCC will be announcing a new list of occupations to be targeted in 2024. This new list will be based on the needs of the labour market at that time.