Receiving an invitation from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to sponsor your parents or grandparents under the Parents and Grandparents Program 2023 is an exciting opportunity. We understand the importance of family, and we’re here to assist you through the application process step by step.
In this article, we will break down the process of the Parents and Grandparents Program 2023 into easy-to-follow steps.
Your Invitation For Parents and Grandparents Program 2023:
Look out for an email from IRCC inviting you to apply for the Parents and Grandparents Program 2023.
Ensure both you and your parents and grandparents, or your authorized representative, are prepared to proceed.
Navigating the Online Application:
- Access the Permanent Residence Portal: Use the link provided in the invitation email to access the portal.
- Complete the Online Application: Carefully fill out the application form online. Be thorough and accurate.
- Timely Submission: Submit your application before the deadline – December 22nd, 2023, 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Request Alternate Formats: If online application is not possible, request an application in an alternate format from IRCC.
- Look for the Barcode: You will receive a barcode from IRCC in your email.
- Upload Supporting Documents: Under “Additional Supporting Documents” in the portal, upload the barcode as “Other”.
- Follow the Guide: Refer to the application guide provided by IRCC for detailed instructions on document submission.
Payment and Biometrics:
- Online Payment: Pay all necessary fees online through the portal. Note: IRCC does not accept any other payment methods.
- Biometrics: Determine if biometrics are required. If so, pay the biometrics fee alongside your application fees.
- Providing SIN and Consent: You can provide your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and consent for a financial evaluation. This enables IRCC to access your tax information directly from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
Sponsors need to understand the income rules to make sure they can financially support their parents or grandparents when they become permanent residents. Here are the 2023 income requirements for the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP):
|Each additional person||$9,324||$7,120||$6,985|
Additional Tips for a Successful Application:
- Accuracy is Key: Ensure all information matches what you submitted in your 2020 Interest to Sponsor form.
- Use Online Services: Obtain your personal tax information using the CRA’s My Account online service.
- Stay Updated: Regularly check for updates from IRCC regarding the program requirements and deadlines.
By following these straightforward steps and tips, you’re well-equipped to complete a successful application. Remember, attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and accuracy are paramount.