Seizing the opportunity to attract the brightest tech minds, Ontario has recently launched a forward-thinking initiative, extending 1,863 invitations through its Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream. This move specifically targets tech professionals, thereby invigorating Canada’s immigration landscape.
In this dynamic Ontario Express Entry draw conducted on May 5, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) set the stage for tech talent to make their mark in Canada. The candidates, boasting Comprehensive Ranking System scores between 475 and 482, now stand at the brink of exciting career opportunities in one of the world’s most thriving tech hubs.
Table of Contents
Technology Occupations Captured by Draw
The Ontario Express Entry draw aimed to capture a broad spectrum of technology occupations, including:
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 20012)
- Data Scientists (NOC 21211)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 21223)
- Computer systems developers (NOC 21230)
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 21231)
- Software developers and programmers (NOC 21232)
- Web designers (NOC 21233)
- Web developers and programmers (NOC 21234)
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers, NOC 21311)
In a bid to bridge the labor gap in its technology sector, Ontario introduced Tech Draws in July 2019. Since then, it has been a game-changer for the province, which is also Canada’s largest.
The selected candidates from the Express Entry pool are notified of their selection via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account. They are then given 45 days to submit a comprehensive application.
Latest Ontario Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Draws:
|Date||Number of NOIs issued||CRS score range||Express Entry profiles created||Notes|
|05-05-23||1,863||475-482||May 5, 2022 – May 5, 2023||Targeted draw – Tech draw|
Are You the Perfect Fit for the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
Potential applicants must fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for Ontario Express Entry:
- An active profile under the Federal Express Entry system, and qualification for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- At least 1 year of full-time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC TEER Category 0, 1, 2, or 3 in the past five years (FSWP applicants) or in the past three years (CEC applicants).
- The equivalent of a Canadian bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Proficiency in English or French, with a minimum CLB/NCLC level 7.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Legal resident status in Canada, if applicable.
- Sufficient settlement funds.
- A minimum Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score is determined by the director during periodic draws.
If you meet the above criteria, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to make a grand leap in your tech career in Canada. Don’t miss out on this exciting chance to be a part of Ontario’s vibrant tech scene.
You might be interested in…
As Ontario continues to embrace the power of tech innovation, the province is eagerly welcoming skilled tech professionals from around the world. With the latest Ontario Express Entry draw under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), Ontario sets the stage for a diverse pool of tech talents to contribute to the province’s vibrant tech sector.
If you fit the bill, this could be the golden opportunity you’ve been waiting for to start a new chapter of your career in one of Canada’s most dynamic provinces. Be sure to seize this chance and submit your application if you meet the stipulated requirements.
For more updates and insights into Canada’s immigration opportunities, follow our blog or get in touch with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream?
This is a program initiated by Ontario to invite skilled professionals from around the world to fill labor shortages, particularly in the tech sector. It operates through the Federal Express Entry system.
What are the eligibility requirements for this stream?
Candidates must have a profile under the Federal Express Entry system, at least 1 year of relevant full-time work experience, a bachelor’s degree or higher, language proficiency in English or French (minimum CLB/NCLC level 7), and an intention to reside in Ontario. They must also meet certain financial requirements and, if applicable, hold legal resident status in Canada.
What tech occupations were targeted in the latest draw?
The latest draw targeted a range of tech occupations including computer and information systems managers, data scientists, database analysts and data administrators, computer systems developers, software engineers and designers, software developers and programmers, web designers, web developers and programmers, and computer engineers (except software engineers and designers).
What happens after a candidate receives a Notification of Interest?
After receiving a Notification of Interest via their IRCC account, candidates have 45 days to submit a full application for the opportunity to immigrate to Ontario.
Can I apply for the Ontario Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream if I don’t currently live in Canada?
Yes, you can apply from outside Canada. However, if you are currently residing in Canada, you must have legal resident status.