The Regular Skilled Worker Program (RSWP) offers a promising pathway for individuals aspiring to immigrate to Quebec and contribute their skills to the province’s thriving workforce.
Designed to select highly skilled individuals who align with the needs of the Quebec job market, this program provides a chance to achieve permanent selection and embark on a new and exciting life in Quebec.
Filing an Expression of Interest in RSWP:
The journey towards Quebec through RSWP begins with filing an expression of interest. This initial step allows the Quebec government to assess the qualifications and suitability of applicants for the RSWP.
The process is hassle-free, with no need for documents, and it’s completely free to submit the expression of interest online.
Conditions and Validity of Expression of Interest:
- Applicants must be 18 or older, willing to live and work in Quebec, and possess the necessary skills.
- Expression of interest is valid for 12 months; reapplication is free.
Information Required in Expression of Interest:
In RSWP the expression of interest form collects crucial information such as personal details, contact information, family situation, status in Quebec, educational background, work experience, validated job offer (if applicable), and language proficiency in French and English.
Spouses can file their own expression of interest.
Completing and Updating Your Expression of Interest:
The completion and submission of the expression of interest are done through the Arrima platform.
Applicants have a 90-day window from the account creation date to finalize and file the form.
Being visible to Quebec employers on the Employer Portal can enhance the chances of receiving potential job offers.
Invitation to Submit Permanent Selection Application:
The Expression of Interest bank matches applicants with Quebec’s needs and integration potential, leading to invitations for permanent selection.
Those invited will receive communication through the Arrima message center, guiding them on how to access and submit the permanent selection application.
Invitations are based on human capital factors, labor market needs, and government priorities.
Applying for Permanent Selection:
- Applicants who receive an invitation must submit their permanent selection application within 60 days.
- The application includes information from their expression of interest, along with additional details and supporting documents.
- Additionally, applicants are required to obtain an attestation of learning about democratic and Quebec values as part of the application process.
The processing fees for RSWP permanent selection application are as follows:
- Principal applicant: $869
- Spouse or common-law partner: $186
- Each dependent child: $186
Fees must be paid in full and in Canadian dollars within 30 days of submitting the application.
Means of Payment and Processing of Your Permanent Selection Application:
Applicants can pay the application fee using a credit card online or by paper using various methods.
The processing time is approximately 6 months from the Ministry’s receipt of the complete application and fees.
Decisions on Your Application:
After careful review, the Ministry will provide one of the following outcomes:
- Applicants are selected, and they receive their Certificat de sélection du Quebec (CSQ – Quebec selection certificate) for themselves and their accompanying family members, along with instructions for further steps in the immigration process.
- The application is refused, giving applicants the opportunity to provide additional documents or justifications to enhance their application.
- The request is rejected due to doubts about the authenticity of declarations or documents, false information, or failure to provide convincing evidence within the deadline.
Adding or Removing Family Members:
Applicants can update their application to include or exclude family members. They need to submit a new application with the required documents and fees.
Adding family members may incur extra charges and fees for removing family members are non-refundable.
Using a Representative:
While not necessary, applicants can choose to use a paid representative. Both the applicant and representative must have accounts on the Arrima platform.
Establishing a representation link allows the representative to present the application.
However, using a representative does not offer priority or special treatment.
Processing of Your Permanent Selection Application:
The application processing begins once applicants complete and sign the form, submit it within the specified timeframe, provide the requested documents, and pay the processing fees.
The application is assessed based on the Selection Grid for the Regular Skilled Worker Program (RSWP), which comprises nine factors with various assessment criteria.
- Language Proficiency: Language proficiency, especially in French and English, plays a crucial role in the selection process.
- Work Experience: The duration of employment in specific job roles is considered for this criterion.
- Age: Points are awarded based on the applicant’s age at the time of application.
- Stays and Family in Quebec: The nature and length of the applicant’s stay in Quebec, as well as the presence of family members with Canadian citizenship or permanent residency, are assessed for points.
- Characteristics of Your Spouse: The accompanying spouse’s level of education, area of training, and age are considered, with language proficiency being assessed for points.
- Validated Job Offer: A validated job offer can earn applicants additional points.
- Children: The number and age of dependent children are evaluated.
- Capacity for Financial Self-Sufficiency: Applicants must sign the Financial Self-Sufficiency Contract – Skilled Workers to support their family for at least three months following their arrival in Quebec.
Applicants may undergo an interview to verify the accuracy of information provided in their application for permanent selection.
After Receiving Your Certificat de sélection (CSQ):
Renewing Your Work Permit:
Moving from Temporary to Permanent Status:
Applicants must make necessary changes to documents and obtain a permanent social insurance number, health insurance card, and Quebec driver’s license.
Integration Steps in Quebec:
Applicants can start their settling-in process in Quebec, including language improvement, recognition of foreign competencies, and job search.
Arriving at the Airport:
Applicants arriving at Montréal-Trudeau International Airport will be welcomed by personnel from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) Reception Service and receive information sessions about Quebec.
The Regular Skilled Worker Program (RSWP) is your path to Québec’s workforce. Achieve your dreams in Québec, with a clear application process based on language, work experience, and age.