On October 25, 2023, the latest Express Entry draw sent out 300 invitations to apply for permanent residency in a ‘French language proficiency’ draw.
The CRS score increased by 14 points to 486 in this draw as compared to the previous draw on September 27, 2023.
Here are the details of the latest Express Entry Draw:
Latest Express Entry Draw – October 25, 2023
- Round of Invitation #270
- Express Entry Program: French Language Proficiency
- Number of invitations issued: 300
- Rank required to be invited to apply: 300 or above
- Date and time of round: October 25, 2023 at 15:48:39 AM UTC
- CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 486
- Tie-breaking rule: September 30, 2023 at 04:22:17 AM UTC
Tie-breaking rule: When multiple candidates have the same lowest score, the cut-off is determined by the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Yesterday on October 24, 2023, the latest Express Entry draw sent out 1,548 invitations to apply for permanent residency in a ‘Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)’ draw.
These invitations were specifically for candidates in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) category. The lowest-ranked candidate in this draw had a CRS score of 776.
After May 10, 2023, IRCC held a PNP-only draw. The CRS score increased by 85 points compared to the May 10 draw, making it more competitive for immigration candidates.
CRS Score of Express Entry Draws 2023
All profiles are ranked using the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which gives each candidate a score out of 1200 points. The higher the score, the better your ranking.
Express Entry Draws 2023
What are Express Entry Draws?
Express Entry Draws are regular events where candidates are invited to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
These draws are determined by the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, which evaluates candidates based on their skills, education, work history, and other factors.
Category Based Draws:
Canada has introduced category-based selections in the Express Entry system to prioritize candidates with specific skills, training, or language abilities.
Eligible categories include:
- Healthcare occupations
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations
- Trade occupations
- Transport occupations
- Agriculture and agri-food occupations
Applicants must have at least 6 months of work experience in a qualifying occupation within the last 3 years.
How to Apply for Express Entry?
To apply for Express Entry, candidates need to follow a two-step process:
- Submit a profile: This includes required documents such as language test results, educational credentials, and passport or travel documentation.
- If invited to apply: Submit a complete application with supporting documents like reference letters, identity documents, police clearance certificates, and medical examination results.
|Program||Processing Time||Change From Last Week|
|Canadian Experience Class (CEC)||5 months||No Change|
|Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)||6 months||+1 Month|
|Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)||(Not updated by IRCC since March 1 as there could be no application in processing for FSTP as of now)||No Change|
|Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) via Express Entry||8 months||-1 Month|